Re: post data in a chunk to http server and also receive data from there to a chunk

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry_at_oridus.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:17:48 -0700

> > > is it expensive?
> > libcurl is free ;-)
>
> Sorry, I was trying to be funny. (I guess comedy is not my strong suit)

I know, Jeff, that is simply my habit to say "expensive" while talking about
the overhead of any implementation : )

Joerg has said that callback is "cheap" and there is only one thread which
perform request sending and response receiving according to what
Dainel mention in another email

> > setBufSize(size);
> This should probably be:
> setBufSize(size * nmemb);

yes Jeff, I found this one while I debug my application, thanks : )

> Also note that the callback should return (size*nmemb) in order to
continue.

really? what happens if I don't do that?

> It sounds like you may be trying to digest a little too much at one time.
>
> I would suggest writing a few simple programs to get familiar with
libcurl,
> before you dive into using it with C++ objects, multi-threading, etc...

haha, you are right !!
Finally I get it work with my multi-threaded application.
For my application, libcurl is much suitable than libwww which supports
pipeline though : )

- Jerry