Curl issues with FTPing to / directory...

From: Philip Butler <butler_at_globeserver.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:17:43 -0400

Hi all,

I have a libcurl app that needs to FTP into the '/' directory (on a
Linux system). When I use a URL like:

                ftp://user:pass@ftp.domain.com/file.ext

it actually FTP's into the user's directory instead of '/'. The FTP
user I have used is 'root', so it should be able to access / just fine
(and yes, this is a test system behind a firewall, so please no
comments about FTPing to root)

When I use a URL like:

                ftp://user:pass@ftp.domain.com/path1/path2/file.ext

it works fine.

Any clues as to why this is happening and how to get around it ??

Thanks,

Phil