Re[5]: >2 GB file support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:14:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Vladimir Trebicky wrote:

> That set.infilesize is many times set by another variables which are not
> int64. Unfortunately, it is a huge amount or variables. Many of them are
> defined as a part or some function, some of them cannot be retyped (as
> filesize_t).

Why not? We need to identify all variables that are ever used for storing file
sizes, and they must be converted to filesize_t ones. Removing code is not the
right way to move forward on this.

> I hope someone who knows the code better than me shall fix this

I'm personally still awaiting Rob Braun's updated patch.

I still don't have any (test) servers that support >2GB files so I cannot work
out these issues that easily myself.