Re: >2 GB file support

From: Rob Braun <bbraun_at_synack.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:56:17 -0700

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 05:13:03PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Vladimir Trebicky wrote:
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> > Ok, the problem was that the ./configure didn't recognize that
> > -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 is needed.
>
> I think it did, but the define wasn't set for the application code. I think
> this patch is needed:

In addition to this, at least in the 7.10.7-4 tarball, the config
test for SIZEOF_LONG_LONG is commented out. That prevents the printf()
related functions from being able to print out 64bit quantities.
Also, there are quite a few conversions of %d and %ld that need to
be %lld that my patch missed.

Rob