Re[3]: NTLM with proxy && minor typos

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:00:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Serge Semashko wrote:

> [explanations skipped]
>
> Yes, I see it. The bug is that the patch assumes that the switch to web
> authentication (and data->state.authwant flags refresh) is performed only
> after getting 401 http code. That assumption is obviously wrong, the switch
> must be performed immediately after the proxy authentication is done.

Yes, that sounds like a proper fix

> Another thing came to my mind: what if there will be a redirect to another
> page which requires authentication, how will libcurl handle this situation?

I don't think your additions will change anything in this area. If whatever
page redirects libcurl to a page that requires authentication, then it'll fail
unless the auth was already provided.

I guess Jörg Mueller-Tolk's suggestion could be a way to fix it, as it would
make libcurl issue a callback whenever authentication is required.