Re[3]: NTLM with proxy && minor typos

From: Serge Semashko <ss_at_vba.com.by>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:53:19 +0300

Hello Daniel,

Sunday, August 03, 2003, 2:06:24 AM, you wrote:

DS> That'll be OK. When I know it works good for an NTLM proxy, I'll setup a
DS> couple of test cases that'll test 1) NTLM proxy functionality and 2) proxies
DS> support NTLM *or* Basic and then we can work out all the little quirks that
DS> might be left.

DS> The only major thing I missed in your patch is what you did to the client-side
DS> code to actually use this code with curl! ;-)
curl_easy_setopt(curl, (CURLoption)110 /*CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH*/, CURLAUTH_NTLM);

DS> I found one issue by running the test suite. I'd recommend you to try running
DS> it! ;-)

[explanations skipped]

Yes, I see it. The bug is that the patch assumes that the switch to
web authentication (and data->state.authwant flags refresh) is
performed only after getting 401 http code. That assumption is
obviously wrong, the switch must be performed immediately after the
proxy authentication is done.

Another thing came to my mind: what if there will be a redirect to
another page which requires authentication, how will libcurl handle
this situation?

DS> If you fix bug B, I'll apply your patch. You can leave bug A for me to fix, I
DS> think I have a pretty good idea how to handle it.
Yes, I'll fix it.