Re[2]: NTLM with proxy && minor typos

From: Serge Semashko <ss_at_vba.com.by>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:54:08 +0300

Hello Daniel,

>> Unfortunately I told my boss 7.10.6 would be able to authenticate with NTLM
>> at a proxy. How far are we currently from a stable version with does this?

DS> Not that far. Serge Semashko's patch did make it work, but not really done the
DS> nicest way so I'm waiting for his update. The NTLM code itself works for
DS> proxies, it just needs to be used properly.

Here is the update to NTLM proxy patch, it adds CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH
option similar to CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH.
It is not complete but I hope it does not break anything. The old code
for proxy basic authentication is still used when only CURLAUTH_BASIC
flag is set in CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH option (it is the default value).
Only NTLM authentication for proxies is supported with the new code
(digest, basic, and the others are still to add).

I successfully managed to access digest authenticated web server
through NTLM proxy with this patch. But it still probably needs more
testing with different proxy/web authentication configurations and
your review just to be sure it does not break anything.