Re: Firewall and cURL

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:42:42 -0500

curl only handles firewalls and proxies when you tell it to. Look up
curl_easy_setopt for the details - you'll want CURLOPT_PROXY,
CURLOPT_PROXYPORT at least, and if your proxy needs a userid/passwd,
you'll need CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD as well.

I don't know anything about Mac OS X, but if your program can extract
the relevant information from your environment, you can then pass it on
to curl. If not, you might have to either hardwire it, or pass it in
via commandline.

Ralph Mitchell