RE: Minimal Libcurl

From: Themmen, Joel <Joel.Themmen_at_naviplan.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:26:13 -0500

Hi,

        I have implemented something very much like what you are planning.
libCURL is already well-coded and runs fast. It is not worth playing around
with things (IMHO) to save a few lines of code. In fact, since you are
planning to use SSL, the performance penalty you are paying for that far
outweighs anything performance penalty that libCURL might be charging. I
would recommend using libCURL as it sits (add a few CPP wrapper functions
for posting XML) and I imagine you will be quite pleased. Oh and by the way
- I am cross OS as well,

Joel