Re: Minimal Libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:37:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Naved Khan wrote:

> 1. I dont need most of the features (protocols) that libcurl supports. Just
> need https. Should stripping down the libcurl for http/https support make
> any kind of performance enhancement? I mean, is it worth taking the
> trouble?

I can't see how you'll gain any performance at all. You'll get a slightly
smaller binary, that's the primary and main gain.

> 2. Is there any link which describes the overview of each file used so I
> can remove the ones not needed for me ? Or would tracing the code be the
> only way?

There are #defines in the lib/config.h file in the style
CURL_DISALBE_[protocol] that are meant to do exactly this. If you define the
define and rebuild, the protocol should be disabled.

Just take note that we don't really do this on a regular basis, so it isn't
likely to work 100% without manual adjustments.

If you venture down this road, I sure others will appreciate if you put
together such a document!