Re: CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY and BigIP and clustering

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:21:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Themmen, Joel wrote:

> I have received (finally) some information from our installation site.
> Apparently, they are using a product called BigIP (which they use for load
> balancing). So - now my question changes a little bit. Does anyone have any
> experience with load balancing and libcurl.

I think the question is a bit too generic. "load balancing" can be done
multiple ways, especially when involving HTTP.

> I have no idea and would not even know where to start but if someone can
> point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. In fact, I
> do not even know that libcurl can work with BigIP (I think so but do not
> know enough to even really assert that).

I can't tell for sure either, but I would be surprised if they made one that
doesn't work with normal TCP/IP clients doing things right. The question is
of course if libcurl is doing all things right... :-)

Can you lookup the names properly manually with nslookup/dig and connect with
telnet ?

> PS - The BigIP website is http://www.f5.com/f5products/bigip/

I looked for a "questions and answers" section with perhaps more in-depth
details, but I couldn't fine any.