Re: low performance uploading files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:28:57 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Juan Ignacio Hervás wrote:

> Thanks RBramante. I have been reading your long discussion about this issue
> and I have tested with a buffer size of 16384: the results have been very
> bad!! (80 KB/s)

It is weird that Rich's tests proved 16KB to be a good size...

> Now I have a different problem that I suppose is a Daniel issue!

It is!

> I will try to tell you what I have seen in the curl source code:
> My code is trying to upload a file resuming a broken upload. The file
> pointer I pass to the library with CURLOPT_READDATA is copied to the
> variable data->set.in. Then, it is copied to conn->fread_in. That's fine.
> But in url.c (line 2595):
> conn = conn_temp; /* use this connection from now on */

I think your story indicates that you've hit bug #706624:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=706624&group_id=976&atid=100976

There's a patch in there you can try (also available in the most recent
7.10.4 pre-release). This is included in the upcoming 7.10.4 release.

If the patch doesn't fix your problem, then I an very interested in a small
source code for a program that can repeat this problem.