Re: Asynch DNS

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:15:15 -0500

> libdenise exists only because we have yet to find an asynch DNS resolver
that
> isn't GPLed and that is good! The moment we find one, we can dump
libdenise!
Have you considered talking to the authors? Maybe they'd consider switching
to the LGPL (which if I remember correctly would make it ok for you to use).
Maybe if you explained to them why it would be better to use LGPL as opposed
to GPL they'd consider. But as far as adns goes, adns seems to be a poor
choice. It doesn't support Windows, it doesn't support IPv6, and it seems to
be pretty much a dead project. You'd wind up rewriting so much of it it
would be easier to write your own library.

-- codemastr