Re: unhappiness and sorrow with 7.10.4.pre4 on UX 11.11

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:05:18 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Rick Jones wrote:

> > http://curl.haxx.se/beta/configure-1.128
>
> this configure worked to completion and allowed a compile under HP-UX
> 11.11.

Ah, that is indeed good news!

> checking for "/dev/urandom"... no^M
>
> There is now /dev/random support from HP for 11.11 and later, but I've not
> got that installed on this system. It is available from software.hp.com.
> I'm not sure if I'll get a chance soon to download and install that but
> thought I'd bring it up in case other UX users have the cycles.

It'll improve the security of SSL connections.

> io.h
>
> checking for io.h... no^M
>
> $ find /usr/include -name io.h
> /usr/include/sys/io.h

Yes, you have a <sys/io.h> but not a <io.h>. That io.h one is only available
in Windows I believe.

> lib503.c has the include of <sys/time.h> but still gets parm warnings
> for the select call at line 69:

[snip]

I'm planning to have an attempt at using the autoconf macro called
AC_FUNC_SELECT_ARGTYPES to figure out and use the types to select better.
Until then, I figure some compiler warnings won't hurt us...