Re: ftp send and rename example fails for me

From: <aplumb_at_westpac.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:05:30 +1100

That works fine now.... thankyou!

Regards,

Andrew Plumb

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

I believe that the cause of the problem is visible in your output trace:

> * About to connect() to 10.6.115.45:21
> * Connected to 10.6.115.45 ((nil)) port 21
> > USER andrew
> > PASS andrew
> * We have successfully logged in
> > PWD
> * Entry path is '/'
> > CWD temp

CWD is the FTP command to change current working directory. It changes dir
'temp'.

> > EPSV
> > PASV
> * About to connect() to 10.6.115.45:4905
> * Connecting to 10.6.115.45 ((nil)) port 4905
> * Connected the data stream with PASV!
> > TYPE I
> > STOR newipfile.txt

And in 'temp' it uploads a file that you call 'newipfile.txt'.

> > RNFR temp/newipfile.txt

... but here you try to access the file prefixed with the directory name,
which of course is not correct at this point.

The RNFR and RNTO file names should be set to use file names without
directory, and I think it'll work just fine for you!