Intent to release VC7 compiled libcurl and OpenSSL libraries (was: CURL SSL)

From: Ufuk Kayserilioglu <groups_at_paralaus.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:47:56 +0200

I was successful using VC7... I was planning to make precompiled SSL and libcurl .lib's and was about to ask the list how you would like them just when this thread started.

My idea is that I would like to offer all combinations of static/dynamic link libraries in debug/release versions. I am thinking of naming the libs as so:

libcurls.lib (static - release)
libcurlsd.lib (static - debug)
libcurl.lib (dynamic - release)
libcurld.lib (static - debug)

Also, I am planning to release similar lib's for OpenSSL packages as well.

All these would have been compiled with VC7 (fortunately/unfortunately).. However, I am not sure which files are needed for debug symbols (are they the .ncb files or the .pdb files or something else?). If someone can tell me which specific files are needed I will include them as well.

Any additions, objections or suggestions are welcome

Ufuk