Returning redirection URLs (was: SSL problem + request for enhancement)

From: kayseri <groups_at_paralaus.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:17:40 +0200

I am still none the wiser to what you think on this issue, though. Here are the
known facts so far:

1) The info could be sent to the DEBUGFUNCTION along with other debug info, so
that the user has control over where the redirections take him/her.

2) The info could be requested at the end of the transfer through a special
curl_easy_getinfo() option.

We have also agreed that (1) is easier to implement in libcurl than (2).

What we have to decide is which is more useful and user-friendly. Maybe we need
to hear from other libcurl developer on this issue.

BTW, I guess this is a generic problem for exposing info not currently exposed
by libcurl. If we find a generic solution then it would be easier for the future
to expose other info. Looking at the "curl_infotype" used in the DEBUGFUNCTION,
I don't think this function was designed to support returning such info.
Thinking along these lines maybe we can add (I know I will be crucified) another
callback function that returns such info during the transfer. Also would be
present extra setopt options to turn on and off certain types of info.

Thanks,

Ufuk