Re: SSL problem + request for enhancement

From: Ufuk Kayserilioglu <groups_at_paralaus.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:04:00 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 21:20
Subject: Re: SSL problem + request for enhancement

> Sorry, I'm trying the best I can to follow the APIs provided by OpenSSL to
do
> SSL connections work. AFAIK, the use of RAND_status() is the recommended
> practise.
>
> You can of course try to undef the HAVE_RAND_STATUS and see if that makes
it
> any faster for you. I can't guarantee that it is just as safe though.

OK. I will try that and get back to you with the results...

> > 2) Again for the same project, we would like to be able to be informed
of
> > the urls that curl visits as it does followlocation. This can be
retrieved
> > at the end of the fetch through curl_easy_getinfo(). I am willing to
supply
> > the code if you push me in the direction of where I should look and how
> > should do it.
>
> Oh, well, we would need to first come up with a good way to provide this
> information.
>
> We could possibly extend the DEBUGFUNCTION callback to pass along
> informational data such as this... Please, share your thoughts on this
with
> us!

I am not very familiar with what the DEBUGFUNCTION supplies because I never
had to use it. However, if it is the same info output by the verbose mode
then maybe it is too much over head if you want just to be *informed* of the
URLs that are visited. I was thinking more along the lines of a
curl_easy_getinfo() option which returns a linked list of visited URLs. The
way I see it this information could very well be retrieved after the fetch
rather than during it.

OTOH, I can imagine a scenario where someone might want to keep track of
redirections during the fetch and decide to cancel the fetch based on that
info.

For me both ways are OK and not much problem to implement on my app side.
However, I guess the DEBUGFUNCTION way would be easier to code inside
libcurl.

> > BTW: All these apply to curl on Win32.
>
> I think they seem to apply find on generic libcurl too.

Yes, you could say that. But for the SSL problem there is a workaround (or a
better way of doing it, depends on the way you look at it I guess) through
using EGD sockets or /dev/rand both of which don't exist on Win32. For the
redirection URLs, you are right, it is needed in libcurl on all platforms.

Ufuk Kayserilioglu