Re: Multi-Part form posts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:57:03 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Charles wrote:

> I am developing a form-filler and need it to appear as if a browser is
> doing all the posts. So far so good I just download the file and parse out
> pics sending get requests for each one, but I am having alittle trouble
> with multi-part forms, mainly i dont know how to do it.

Did you read the docs? Have you understood what a multi-part form is?

> Say i have a 3 page multi-part form

Eeep. You don't have "a 3 page multi-part form". You may have forms on many
pages, they may even be multi-part ones but they are not a single form on
three pages.

> with posts at form1.php, form2.php and form3.php.

You mean forms on each these pages?

> I know that I use curl_formadd() to add forms

Not really, each curl_formadd() call adds a single section in a multipart
formpost "chain". A single multipart post typicly consists of a number of
parts.

> and do the final post at form3.php

You want to do repeated posts to multiple pages that somehow keep a state?
Well, that sounds like the normal case for doing cookies and using the URLs
as returned etc.

> in order to maintain the browser emulation, do I need to post the data at
> form1.php and form2.php as well ?

That is impossible to say because we have no idea how the server you're
talking about works.