RE: timeout with Unix multithread program

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:42:41 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Legoff Vincent wrote:

> When I link my program with the version 7.10.2 there is no problem.

> But when I link my program with the version 7.10.3-pre3, there is the
> following error:
>
> CC obj/TestAllHttp.o libHttp.ar /usr/local/lib/libcppunit.a -lnsl -lrt -lsocket -lposix4 -lpthread ../common/libCommon.ar -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -o TestAllHttp
> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> CURLMcode curl_multi_add_handle(void*,void*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
> CURLMcode curl_multi_perform(void*,int*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)

How odd. It looks as if libcurl didn't get the multi.o object added. Can you
verify that the link line in fact includes the multi.o object file when
libcurl is linked?

Or try this command line:

 ½ nm $curlbuildroot/lib/.libs/libcurl.a | grep multi

It should show seven multi-related symbols.

> I have had also a problem at the compilation of cURL library: the file
> first.c (in tests directory) includes curl/curl.h but the directory
> specified in the makefile for the h file is include/curl. The at
> compilation the file curl/curl.h was not found. So I made the following
> modification in first.c: include <curl/curl.h> -> include <curl.h>

Ah! Thanks for pointing this out. My mistake. I even made it include "test.h"
instead (which in turn includes <curl.h>).