RE: timeout with Unix multithread program

From: Legoff Vincent <vincent.legoff_at_siemens.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:52:56 +0100

When I link my program with the version 7.10.2 there is no problem.
But when I link my program with the version 7.10.3-pre3, there is the following error:

CC obj/TestAllHttp.o libHttp.ar /usr/local/lib/libcppunit.a -lnsl -lrt -lsocket -lposix4 -lpthread ../common/libCommon.ar -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -o TestAllHttp
Undefined first referenced
 symbol in file
CURLMcode curl_multi_add_handle(void*,void*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
CURLMcode curl_multi_perform(void*,int*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
void*curl_multi_init() libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
CURLMcode curl_multi_remove_handle(void*,void*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
CURLMcode curl_multi_cleanup(void*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
CURLMcode curl_multi_fdset(void*,fd_set*,fd_set*,fd_set*,int*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
CURLMsg*curl_multi_info_read(void*,int*) libHttp.ar(UrlLoader.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to TestAllHttp
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `TestAllHttp'

I have had also a problem at the compilation of cURL library:
the file first.c (in tests directory) includes curl/curl.h but the directory specified
in the makefile for the h file is include/curl. The at compilation the file curl/curl.h was not found.
So I made the following modification in first.c:
include <curl/curl.h> -> include <curl.h>

vincent