Re: libcurl tests for the test suite

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:22:05 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Sanjeev wrote:

> I wrote a basic html form parser in C for my on going project. I use
> read/write callbakck WRITEFUNCTION with this and get all of the form fields
> into a struct.
>
> Sir! If you could spare some little time. Please go thru this, and see if
> it is worth & feasible merging it into cURL code.

I think you should first clearly state why we would like this in the curl
code. What does it do? What's the benefits? And perpaps importantly, what's
the problem with keeping this an application that simply *uses* libcurl?

> This is code is largely based on the logic behind the wonderful complete
> parsing library for html pages found on the web at:
> http://msalem.translator.cx/dist/libhtmlparse

That library is LGPL'ed, so you better not use code from it if you think of
providing code for inclusion within curl.

> Please look into this library also, if it may be useful for curl
> integration.

It is not. curl does not do HTML parsing, and it uses a license that I don't
want used inside curl.

> Today i updated curl from cvs and could successfully compile/make/test. all
> tests are successfull.

Goodie.

> with getpart.c make time warnings appearing though

Yes, I haven't fixed those yet.

> i observed one more thing that test100 is failing ocassionally. It already
> happened twice.

I've seen that too. I haven't been able to work out why though, and thus of
course I have no fix for it at this point.

Similarly to you, I can't manage to repeat it when I invoke that single test
alone.