Re: APSL issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:28:39 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Soren Spies wrote:

> > As the CONTRIBUTE documents explains, I cannot accept GPL incompatible
> > licenses.
>
> I forgot that the APSL was incompatible with the GPL even in the APSL's
> most recent (and open) incarnation.

Correct. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but since "they" say so...

> This will make my job harder, but hopefully not undoable. I've sent the
> info off to legal to see what the options are. I assume that a BSD-style
> license would be acceptable?

The current curl license is very BSD-like (the more recent one without the
announce clause as the announce clause is also deemed GPL incompatible), so
no, I would not have a problem with accepting source code using such a
license.