Re: hello; planning work on digest auth

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:46:41 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Soren Spies wrote:

> I've recently been tasked with adding digest authentication support to
> libcURL so that it eventually gets into Mac OS X.

That's cool!

> From poking around the site and the mailing lists, I see it on the TODO
> list but the feature doesn't appear under development. If there's any
> previous work in this area, or thoughts beyond what's on the TODO page,
> please let me know.

Well, others have said about what you just said. However, none of them has
ever gotten back to tell the story. I doubt anyone of them ever did any major
progress in this area.

I've also got mail from people mentioning that they would take a stab at the
NTLM authentication, and as that too is challange-response oriented I've
always thought the two protocols could use being developed if not together
but at least with a little thought about the other for code re-use etc.

I suggest you get a little oriented in the source code, and peek around and
then ask specific questions. I'll be around to help.