Re: Access violation in transfer.c, please help

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:24:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Alejandro Escalante wrote:

> Hi everyone! I've started to use libcurl in a simple project here at the
> office, trying to make an ultra simple C++ class wrapper over curl_easy to
> perform some FTP file uploads. I believe I'm doing everything ok, but I
> keep getting an access violation on the following line when calling
> curl_easy_perform():
>
> transfer.c (809): nread = data->set.fread(conn->upload_fromhere, 1,
> BUFSIZE, data->set.in);

That is where libcurl calls the read-callback you have specified. If that
"access violates" I think you've set the pointer to something weird. Can it
possibly be that your callback is a C++ function when it needs to be a plain
C one?

Does it always crash there? Does it crash on the first invoke of that
function? Can you set a break-point there and check out the local variables
at that point when you get there just before it crashes?