Re: Spaces in URLs

From: James Cox <james_at_blog.at>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:02:47 -0600

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Holger Rauch wrote:
>
> > How do I have to deal with spaces in URLs when I pass the following URL to
> > my application:
>
> In short: you deal with them, not libcurl.
>
> > http://localhost/tamino/testdb/Area3?_xql=/Document[@ino:id between 3,10]
>
> This is not a valid URL. URLs cannot contain spaces. They need to be
> translated to %20.
>
> > argv[1] itself is complete, but the server gets only
> >
> > http://localhost/tamino/testdb/Area3?_xql=/Document[@ino:id
>
> I don't think so. It does get the whole thing, but the (illegal) spaces in
> the path part make the server disregard everything to the right of the first
> space.
>
> > (Everything following the first spaces is chopped off). What do I have to
> > do so that the URL remains complete?
>
> Convert the spaces.

Daniel is right here, spaces aer not really legal in urls -- however they get
converted... i am working on a patch that i almost got done to fix this --
(although i keep getting sent to countries away from my email and thnigs :(( )

 -- james

--
James Cox :: imajes@php.net :: Landonize It! http://landonize.it/
Was I helpful?  http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/wishlist/23IVGHQ61RJGO/