Re: Spaces in URLs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:07:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Holger Rauch wrote:

> How do I have to deal with spaces in URLs when I pass the following URL to
> my application:

In short: you deal with them, not libcurl.

> http://localhost/tamino/testdb/Area3?_xql=/Document[@ino:id between 3,10]

This is not a valid URL. URLs cannot contain spaces. They need to be
translated to %20.

> argv[1] itself is complete, but the server gets only
>
> http://localhost/tamino/testdb/Area3?_xql=/Document[@ino:id

I don't think so. It does get the whole thing, but the (illegal) spaces in
the path part make the server disregard everything to the right of the first
space.

> (Everything following the first spaces is chopped off). What do I have to
> do so that the URL remains complete?

Convert the spaces.