improving the multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:26:45 +0200 (MET DST)

A little informational on what I'm up to at the moment!

As was posted previously, and later filed in bug report 586949:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=586949&group_id=976&atid=100976

The multi interface in 7.9.8 isn't really so asynchronous that it can be and
therefore I'm working (pretty intensively) on correcting this, and I just
want to make readers and users aware of what this means and takes.

I've been forced to tear apart a couple of functions to be able to return
back instead of "hanging" waiting for action (and thus I have extended the
state machine in lib/multi.c). This said, I can repeatedly run my test cases
to check the basic functionality for the curl tool, but as you might know,
there's not much of a test environment for the multi interface so I will
depend a lot on you guys helping me out on the testing when I soon upload the
7.9.9 pre-releases etc.

I think that the multi interface is gonna be used more in the future, so
getting it do right feels like A Good Thing.

Oh well, back to complete this fix and hopefully commit it soon. Stay tuned.