Re: multi interface fixes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:02:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> > Hm, is this really regarding how things work in 7.9.8? This sounds as if
> > you've been fixing some problems in 7.9.7 we already sorted out in 7.9.8,
> > or am I wrong?
>
> Yes, that's right. 7.9.8 wasn't available when I downloaded it.

Then your patch won't apply cleanly on 7.9.8 as we've fixed the same
problems, only differently!

> > > I replaced the readinfo function and the messages with a callback and
> > > fixed a few things in multi perform.
> >
> > Could please elaborate on this a bit?
>
> Here's my multi.c:

Ok, basicly you have a "I'm done" callback for each easy handle that gets
called when that particular handles is complete, right?

Is this really necessary, or rather what people will want? I thought that
when we add a non-blocking interface, we could get away from the callbacks
and add more polling kind of operations and that's why I made that info
available using the *read_info()...

I'm not against adding a callback like this, I just want a clear motivation!
We could very well offer both ways of getting the information. ;-)

                   Bringing you mounds of caffeinated joy