Re: Occasional CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:35:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Gautam Mani wrote:

> I am using libcurl7.9.7 on solaris8 connecting to a Digital Unix machine.
> My program basically downloads files from the ftp server periodically; this
> is a never-ending process. Occasionaly, I get a CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE error.

> Now, this is not a periodic error nor am I able to reproduce it.

You mean you can't reproduce it on demand or not at all?

What if you run this on other systems, do the same things happen about as
frequently?

Can you make an as small program as possible that still makes this happen and
post to the list so that we can have a go and try/debug for ourselves?

> When my program downloads the same file after some time, it happens
> smoothly. The partialy downloaded file size is exactly the same as the full
> file; this I get from the libcurl error buffer.

This this is a pretty specific error condition, you could run the things
through your debugger and set a break-point where this is figured out and
then from there perhaps find out some more local information about what just
happened.

Never seen this before.