Re: HAVE_RAND_STATUS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:14:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Andreas Olsson wrote:

> I started debugging and found that this message occurs (in my case) when
> HAVE_RAND_SCREEN is defined and HAVE_RAND_STATUS is not. A search for
> HAVE_RAND_STATUS showed me that it is defined in all config files but the
> "config-win32.h" file.

On all *nix-like systems, the config.h file is generated automaticly after
having checked out what kind of support there is installed. Thus, the
HAVE_RAND_STATUS only gets set when built against an OpenSSL version that has
the function RAND_status() available (I don't exactly remember in which
version this was introduced).

> Why isn't HAVE_RAND_STATUS defined for windows? Is there a good reason?

A plain mistake I'd say. I'll add it now!

Thanks for pointing this out.