Re: HEAD not working when sent to IIS?

From: T. Bharath <TBharath_at_responsenetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:56:12 -0400

The default behaviour of these optional requests(HEAD,PUT...) may vary
with the
web server.In most of the cases they are disabled

In NES(Netscape Enterprise Server) i know of a bug in some versions
where if you try to
use HEAD against the default page it doesnt work and returns error.If
you try a HEAD
with the page specified it works

HEAD / HTTP/1.1 - doesnt work
HEAD /index.htm HTTP/1.1 works

try specifying the page and see if it helps

Regards
Bharath