HEAD not working when sent to IIS?

From: Russ Freeman <r_at_fatbird.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 02:31:03 +0100

Hi,

I've just picked up libcurl and started using it using Win32. Congrats to
the authors of libcurl. It's simple to use, a clean is odd interface, and
apparently quite effective. Well done and thanks.

However, I've run into a problem where HEAD doesn't seem to be working for
IIS servers. Works fine on other servers that I've tested...such as
yahoo.com.

The url I'm using is a local machine URL: http://russ/

The head request being sent looks like this:
HEAD / HTTP/1.1
Host: russ
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

GET for the same URL works just fine but HEAD returns:
HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0