Re: POST+30x=GET? [better patch]

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:00:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Ingo Wilken wrote:

> Why not simply make it an option similar to gcc's "-pedantic"? Make the
> default behaviour compatible to the common browser behaviour, and provide
> an option CURLOPT_PEDANTIC_RFC2616. This option would make curl use POST
> instead of GET for now, and probably some more things in the future.

I don't think many people would use such an option. Most people would like
libcurl to work smoothest possible with the sites that are out there,
unregarding of which standard they follow or don't follow.

But of course, we might end up more or less forced to add such an option.
Let's not do that until someone really sees the need for it...