Re: POST+30x=GET? [better patch]

From: Ingo Wilken <iw_at_ecce-terram.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:53:09 +0200 (MET DST)

> I really don't like this patch, but if the browsers do like this then we're
> kind of forced to break the RFC too, even though we do right now.
>
> What concerns me here is also that adding this fix might in fact introduce a
> reversed problem in the future when "the others" may decide to follow the
> standards...
>
> Anyone else with opinions on this matter?

Why not simply make it an option similar to gcc's "-pedantic"?
Make the default behaviour compatible to the common browser
behaviour, and provide an option CURLOPT_PEDANTIC_RFC2616.
This option would make curl use POST instead of GET for now,
and probably some more things in the future.

Regards,
Ingo

--
ECCE TERRAM Internet Services GmbH          Ingo Wilken
Edewechter Landstr. 42                      delta_at_ecce-terram.de