Re: Using libcurl with VC 6++

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:07:24 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Ron Lange wrote:

(This reply is cc'ed to the libcurl mailing list, as it seems a more suitable
list for this discussion. Please post follow-ups there!)

> I have successfully compiled the libcurl, but if I link my application
> against libcurl, I get annoying linker errors.

Could you be more specific here? What kind of linker errors?

> Then I follow your suggestion to exclude standart libs, as a result my app
> (debug version, release don't build) works, only a few linker warnings
> appear.

Whose suggestion is it to exclude standard libs? I can't realize why that
should be suitable. (I'm *not* fluent in MSVC++ workings though.)

> Could it be possible to link without excluding the standart libs, since I
> can't make use of eg. some math.h functions in this way?

I don't think I understand this question. If you want to make use of math
functions, you should link with the math lib. If you want to make use of curl
functions, link with the curl lib. It is as simple as that. Or should be.

> May there is a developer who could assist me by some example code?

There are several example codes in the release archives. They should more or
less all work on all platforms where libcurl builds.