Re: FTP Uploads via GPRS failing after x bytes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:45:34 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Paul Nolan wrote:

> I managed to get libcurl to compile for Pocket PC/Win CE 3.0.

Oh, cool! :-)

> I use it to upload jpeg files via ftp. Everything works great via a modem,
> DSL, cable, cell phone etc., but reportedly uploads just stop after 111KB
> or so when sending large (1.6MB) files via GPRS in the UK. FTP using other
> software seems to work fine.

That's of course not as cool. :-(

> There is no GPRS service anywhere near California as far as I know, so I
> can't debug this very easily, could anyone give me some suggestions on what
> changes or options to libcurl I should tweak to fix this? Fiddling with
> the upload buffer didn't seem to help, though it did shift the spot that
> the upload fails at. All files fail after transferring the same number of
> bytes.

As you manage to complete the operation with other tools, it sounds as if
you've hit a bug.

What version of libcurl is this?

I would say that this needs some closer debugging to get fixed. Like a
network sniff on what actually happens on TCP-level when it stops the
transfer, or what the send() (in Curl_write() in lib/sendf.c) returns etc.