Re: read function callback problem while processing telnet:// URL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 00:00:26 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 Ondrej_BOSIK_at_tatrabanka.sk wrote:

> I've got a problem with processing telnet url in form "
> telnet://tatrasun2". The problem is, that I want my application to
> communicate automaticaly via the telnet protocol on the remote host. I've
> set up read and write callback functions. Since write function is called
> properly, read function is never called. I've tried to deubg and view
> source but I can't figure out what is the problem.

The telnet support in libcurl is not at all as good as it should be.

First, the only way to send data to a remote server is to pass it to stdin.
The only callback it'll call is the write callback.

We haven't even really defined a way for an application to send data to the
server! Suggestions?

Further, we have a general problem with the telnet read/write loop not being
in the main loop in lib/transfer.c. This problem is shared with other
protocols as well, such as LDAP and FILE.