Re: sharing is caring

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:24:41 +0000

Dirk Manske wrote:

> Hmm, one mutex for everything in libcurl will lock too much. I think
> we need one mutex for a each pool, one for cookies, one for the
> host cache and so on. Libcurl itselfs should initialize the different
> mutexes.

The callback could pass a parameter to the callback functions, which
indicates what pool is used. Then the decision to use one or more
mutexes is left to the application programmer.

Furthermore, I think that the initialization and freeing also should
be left to the application programmer. I think that two callbacks,
one to obtain the mutex and one to release it, is sufficient.