Re: install

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:10:44 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, rick vaillancourt wrote:

> I switched to run the simple.c, I ran it with 3 different urls:
>
> curl.haxx.se
> localhost:8080/MyTest.html
> www.yahoo.com
>
> the example seemed to run ok(slow), the dumpit file was created, but was
> empty.

Slow? AFAIK, there's nothing in libcurl that slows it down any noticable
degree when doing plain HTTP GETs. I think it appeared slow because you got a
somewhat smallish file and you had the output appear on stdout.

> Is the response from the page supposed to be written to the dumpit file?

I'd suggest that you check the docs. The curl_easy_setopt() options are all
documented...

That file is meant to get all the headers written to it. I just compiled and
run the simple.c examples to verify that it actually works, and I got a set
of headers in my "dumpit" file. (I did this right now on my solaris 2.7 box
with libcurl 7.9.2.)

> headerfile = fopen("dumpit", "w");

This creates the dumpit file.

> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEHEADER, headerfile);

This passes the headerfile pointer to the built-in writeheader function and
will be used to store headers to.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77