Re: FTPS Protocol

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:05:43 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 rajesh.bhatia_at_baypackets.com wrote:

> I want to know whether the libcurl library supports FTP SSL (FTPS)
> Protocol.

FTPS is not a standard protocol. curl supports one way of doing FTPS, that
uses SSL for the control-connection only. Adding support for FTPS that use
SSL for both connections wouldn't be that hard to add either, but so far no
one has done it (at least not that I know of).

> If yes, how can I use the lib curl library to down load files from a FTPS
> Server.

The exact same way you download ordinary FTP files, you just use ftps://
instead of ftp://. You can of course also provide additional SSL data with
the appropriate options.