Re: curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:41:09 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, wang wrote:

> I download the curl source code and study it. I find it is great.

Good! The more eyes we get on the source, the less bugs we will have left!
;-)

> When I set proxy like this: curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle,
> CURLOPT_PROXY, "10.1.10.1:8080"); I can get some html page but not all.
> It works well without proxy setting.

You need to give us a lot more details. I'm not aware of any problems with
getting HTTP over proxies. Set VERBOSE to 1 and include a protocol dump when
you report things like this. Also, I hope you're referring to libcurl 7.9.1,
as otherwise I'd advice you to upgrade before persuing.

> When I set userpass for authorizing like this:
> curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_USERPWD,
> "domain/test\\user:password"); but it does not work.

How doesn't it work? Again, provide protocol dumps and if possible, point out
the problem. What did you expect to happen and what did happen?

> Could you tell me the reason why I meet these problems and how to fix
> them.

Of course there may be bugs in libcurl, but I won't even get suspicious about
that until I get a lot more info about your failures.

Also, can you run the test suite? (it requires a unix-like environment) If
so, does it run successful?