Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Problem settingcertificatefile

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:24:04 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Gilles Talbot wrote:

(your mails are confusing to read when you don't properly mark which lines
that are quoted and which lines that are yours)

> I used the CURLOPT_VERBOSE option to have more information about my
> problem, and and i had :
> "gethostbyname_r(2) failed for nt02sippw50" nt02sippw50 is my
> server
>
> this problem only happens sometimes. I'm on HP-UX 10.20

That is a name resolving problem all right.

> If i repeat the same operation in a single thread multiple times the
> problem doesn't happen. I really don't see what it could be. Does anyone
> have an idea ?

Well, that of course indiciates that the problem is related to multiple
simultaneous threads. Still, I don't have many clues on what problem this
could be. gethostbyname_r() in itself should be safe to use and AFAIK, all
the structs and data that function uses are also multi-thread safe in
libcurl.

> I have also noticed that the problem only happens when i use https. it's
> ok with http

Was this comment regarding this problem or your previous problem?