Re: SSL Problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:51:53 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Samuel Listopad II wrote:

> Sorry to bother the list again, but I figured it out, well mostly at
> least. The COM object was being destroyed everytime, so global_cleanup
> was getting called.

Hey, solved issues (uh, well even soon solved problems) are never bothersome!

> It would seem that after global_cleanup is called OpenSSL library gets
> into a bad state until you remove it from memory (checked also with
> pycurl bindings on the same static curl lib)
>
> I suppose where I go from here would have to be the openSSL people,
> unless someone can think of a workaround.

I *wish* we could just study the OpenSSL documentation and verify that
curl_global_cleanup() does the right things.

Unfortunately, that is still nothing but a dream and I have no idea what we
must call in order to make OpenSSL get back into the proper state. I'm afraid
asking on an OpenSSL mailing list seems like the easiest/quickest way.
Another approach would be to study other OpenSSL-using applications/source
codes to see how they've done it.