Re: can't get HTTPS pages using php libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:26:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, marcos wrote:

> I read the previous posts on retrieving https pages, and how to configure
> it, yet I still have problems.

This mail is CC'ed to the curl-and-php list, as you're obviously talking
about a PHP-CURL related problem here. Please post to that list for PHP
related stuff.

> I can get https requests using the command line NO Problem. But within
> PHP, libcurl still returns NO DATA meaning no headers, nothing (even when
> I set $ch,CURLOPT_HEADER,1 & $ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1 . I used
> verbose mode, and many other ways to receive something. my response is
> always blank.

There's a known issue in the 4.0.6 version, try an older version or get a
later from the PHP CVS [disclaimer, I *think* this is the correct action,
please check this with your local PHP guru].

> Do I need to worry about SSL certificates? Or is the reason why I do not
> recieve data because of how OpenSSL is configured on my server? It is
> confusing to me because curl_version() outputs: libcurl 7.8.1 (OpenSSL
> 0.9.6) Any help is apreciated!

If the command line tool works, the PHP version should too.