Re: weird timings from curl_easy_getinfo

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:09:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> I attached an archive with my test application, compile it as gcc
> -D_REENTRANT -Wall -I/usr/include -g -O0 -o a.out tt.c out.c -lcurl
> -L/usr/lib -lpthread program reads URL's from STDIN, if you need URL
> files I used I could send it too, it's quite large (1Mb gzip-compressed)
> and has nothing specific for the problem. Just get several URL's and make
> copies of them. Better use some URL's with timeouts.

I built your test program OK and I could even verify that I get the same
problem you've seen.

Then I checked the output more closely from what I could judge, only the
fastest downloads would report the weird timings. So I had a peek in the
lib/progress.c source code and I suggested the attached patch to see if that
solves your problem.

Let me know if it makes any difference.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/