Perl interface license

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:19:30 +0200

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 12:14:20AM +1000, Cris Bailiff wrote:

> I just downloaded your 1.1.0 version, and I noticed that your Changes note
> that you've put Curl::easy under the GPL 'officially'. Its not clear what
> licence applies to the previous versions, but can I ask you to re-consider
> your licence...
> [ license stuff snipped ... ]

Well, originally i just wrote that thing because i needed it, without thinking
about any licenses. I put it under the gpl because Domenico Andreoli (added to
the Cc line), who builds the curl package for debian, encouraged me to do so.
I personally think that the gpl is ok, others might think different...

But i don't want to start arguing about the best license or editor
or whatever. There has already too much bandwidth been wasted about this.
Every little child knows that vi is the best editor and gpl the best
license, so let's get back to coding. ;-)))

In order to allow you to view my excellent code ;-)) i have built a new
package, that is under no license at all (i originally published the thing
on freshmeat as "public domain"). See
http://koblenz-net.de/~horn/export/Curl-1.1.0.tgz

Bye,
Georg