Re: Perl interface progress

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:34:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Forrest Cahoon wrote:

> Chris, where is your code? The first tarball you sent seems to have
> gotten corrupted somehow, so I can't look at that, and it sounds like
> you've worked on it more since then.

Chris Bailiff's originally mailed tarball is now located at:

        http://curl.haxx.se/dev/Curl-1.0.2-callbacks.tar.gz

Georg Horn's tarball as was announced by him yesterday is now at:

        http://curl.haxx.se/dev/Curl-1.1.0.tgz

... I'm willing to let you guys in for CVS write access if you think that
would make it easier to collaborate on this.

> For the write callback, I think that instead of a FILE * we can pass an
> SV *, which could be a perl filehandle typeglob or a scalar variable to
> which data gets appended. Does that make sense to anyone? I'm pretty
> sure I can get something working that way, but it may be a while before I
> get the chance.

Sounds like a sane approach.