Re: Question about curl_escape & curl_unescape

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:17:22 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Drash, Jim [EESUS] wrote:

> In libcurl, shouldn't both curl_escape & curl_escape be in curl.h

Yes, I think they should. They should be documented as well. Another one of
those things that are left to do. The recent TODO file actually mentions
this.

> should there be a cURL set of options to tell libcURL to escape a URL
> prior to getting it and possibly unescaping the results upon return?

I don't think so. If given a handy interface to the functions, the
application programmer could escape/unescape URLs himself when wanted.

Currently they're only used internally and they're not even have the same set
of arguments (I mean, escape and unescape).

I'd apply patches that bring this immediately!