curl-and-python

Re: Windows builds

From: Oleg Pudeyev <oleg+pycurl_at_bsdpower.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 07:31:30 -0500

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:13:17 +0100
"Gisle Vanem" <gvanem_at_yahoo.no> wrote:

> Seems okay. How about adding a '--help' option to setup.py?

This is doable but pycurl help will come before distutils help which is
backwards and a little hard to notice perhaps.

In the meantime I added equivalent info to the install file.

> But the logic seems a bit backward. Not giving a '--use-curl-dll'
> should IMHO add a:
> extra_compile_args.append("-DCURL_STATICLIB=1")
>
> I.e. remove the "#define CURL_STATICLIB 1" in pycurl.c. Thus
> CURL_EXTERN becomes __declspec(dllimport) in <curl/curl.h>

OK, I added commits to that effect.

> BTW.
> the statement ' add_libdirs("LIB", ";")' is superfluous. The linker
> already uses %LIB to search for .lib-files.

OK.

> Which brings up my idea to add a 'add_include_dirs("INCLUDE",";")' to
> search for "curl/curl.h" and figure out the 'curl_dir' from that
> before calling 'fail()'.

I don't know about this. How many people will actually have their
machine configured in this way?

Oleg